Friday, August 27, 2010

summers over?

I can't believe how fast this summer went by. School starts monday for us all so I guess it's back to the old grind stone. Summer was pretty quiet this year but still fun. We spent days at the lake swimming, girls camp, scout camp, working and relaxing. Sadly we never did get to go camping but it is hard to find the time with so many people and their different schedules. I have learned that as the kids become teenagers and pre teen that friends take presedent over anything else. I have become a surrogate mother to most of Nikieshia friends and they even call me mom. This way I got my girls but can send them home too. worked out well. We had a border with us for a couple weeks. Alex's friend Ivan had some trouble at home and stayed with us for a while. He now is just like one of the family when he is over and fits right in. He's still not quite sure of the teasing I give him but will have learn that is only because we like him. My home is the official hang out place for anyone and everyone it seems. I got up one morning before anyone else and walked into the family room and there sat a group of boys. friends of the kids. Kind of shocking but glad they feel safe here. However there are some days I do say NO friends I need a break. ha yea right.
A big event that happened this summer was Dakota's baptism the date was decided on suddenly so it was just us but was still special. Dakota was so excited. Our bishop baptised him and one of the councelors confirmed him. I have pictures but have not found the cord to my camera so can not post them at this time.
The family reunion was loads of fun as usual. we all enjoyed ourselves despite the teasing of dad about my nose ring. but that comes with the territory.
I do have a bit of sad news, my best friend here has moved to Salt Lake and I am feeling a bit lost without her. She was having some hard times and chose to move closer to her mom. I wish her all the best and love her lots. Now i have to figure out what to do with myself when I need to get away.
that is the basic happenings of our summer. Hope everyone is ready to get back to school and into their routines. I sure hope that we are

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Isn't that the pits when good friends move away. How dare they!! Can't believe summer is over, but looks like you had an eventful one!

my beautiful daughter

my beautiful daughter
man they grow up fast

nikieshia

nikieshia
one of my favorites

nikieshia

nikieshia
how beautiful